Want to shape the future of healthcare?
Scottish Government’s Technology Enabled Care (TEC) project have teamed up with Young Scot to look at how digital tech can support young people’s health and wellbeing.
Young Scot are now recruiting 20 young people to form a new volunteer Participation Panel to identify important issues for young people and work with the TEC project to come up with new ideas, innovations and recommendations for shaping and improving digital healthcare.
You’ll be building on the work done by previous Young Scot volunteers and working with experts across the health sector to look at how Scottish Government can use digital technology to address health and wellbeing issues today, and futureproof health care for generations to come.
What do you need to commit to?
- Taking part in the first phase of the project from April – September 2019
- Attending 3 Panel meet-ups
- Attending events or doing tasks in between Panel meet-ups
- Being willing to travel around Scotland to attend meetings
The whole project will finish in September 2020 but we will give Panel members the option to rotate out every 6 months, so don’t worry about committing for the whole time.
If you live rurally or have to travel far to attend events, Young Scot can book you overnight accommodation to help manage your journey.
Up for the challenge?
Applications are open to everyone aged 11-25 in Scotland, no experience required, and we particularly encourage applications from people who:
- manage physical or mental health conditions, e.g. asthma, diabetes, depression, anxiety
- are young carers or young parents
- live in rural areas
You can apply using the online form here, but we want to make this process as easy as possible so if you would prefer to apply in another way, just drop us an email, give us a ring, or message us on Facebook.
Once you’ve sent through your application, we will follow up with you to make sure this opportunity is right for you. The group will then be selected, making sure this is the best opportunity for each applicant.
What do you get out of it?
Loads of stuff!
- Meet other young people from across the country
- Challenge yourself - be innovative and make your CV stand out from the crowd
- Skills training and increased confidence
- Meet the professionals who deliver healthcare and drive innovation
- Influence change for all young people in Scotland
- Work towards your Saltire Award and gain Young Scot Reward points
What will Young Scot do for you?
- Book and pay for your travel and accommodation, and provide all your food/drink
- Make sure the Panel is inclusive and supportive of your needs
- Support you on a one-to-one basis
- Come with you to meetings and make sure you are prepared
- Make sure your needs are met so you can contribute fully
Give us a call on 0131 313 2488, send us an email or get in touch through Facebook.
9 Haymarket Terrace