Following a successful funding bid Aberdeen City Libraries are delighted to offer the chance for young people aged 16-25 to join them as part of the Reel Futures Film Project. The project will run from August 2017 to March 2018 and is an exciting opportunity for anyone with a passion for film and media to build and showcase their talents.
From generating and researching ideas, storyboarding, budgeting to filming, editing and marketing, you’ll play a key role in the development and creation of films dedicated to promoting Aberdeen City Libraries.
Key objectives of project
- To create film resources for use to promote the benefits of the library service to as wide an audience as possible
- To highlight the range of services available to young people to aid enterprise
- To develop the interests of young people in the creative industries as consumers as well as highlighting possible employment options
In partnership with a dedicated project coordinator the young people involved will; Co-design and manage aspects of the development of the project
- Co-produce 2 films on set topics.
- Co-design and co-produce a further film on a relevant topic chosen by the group.
Where appropriate eligible participants can gain recognition for their participation via recognised award schemes such as Saltire Awards or the Duke Of Edinburgh’s Award.
You can earn 50 Reward points by registering for the project and upon completion of Reel Futures you will be given a points code which will earn you 250 points!