5 Ways To Chill Out In 5 Minutes in Mind
Sometimes we can find ourselves in pretty stressful situations. Whether you are just about to do a presentation, or take a final exam, we've got some tips on how to calm down quick!
Raise your arms in the air (like you just don’t care!)
Having your arms in this position can chill you out. Get your omm on and relax!
1. Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
2. Roll your shoulders back.
3. Extend the arms forward and lift up to the ceiling.
4. Straighten elbows, wrists and fingers.
5. Relax neck and shoulders.
6. Keep your head straight and look forward.
Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Write it out
Get all your worries out of your head and onto paper. It can help to write down your worries and get them out of your head, so you have more room in there for the things you need to focus on or remember.
Have a laugh!
Laughter can help get rid of stress, so why not bookmark some of your favourite silly Youtube clips to load whenever you need, or keep a joke book in your bag and laugh away.
Take a breath
Try some of our breathing exercises or check out this abdominal breathing technique to get you feeling chilled out
1. Place one hand on your stomach and the other on your chest, right over the breastbone.
2. Open your mouth and gently sigh, and as you let your shoulders and the muscles of your upper body relax down with the exhale. It's all about relaxing the muscles of your upper body.
3. Close your mouth and inhale slowly through your nose by pushing your stomach out. Inhale as much air as you comfortably can.
4. Open your mouth. Exhale through your mouth by pulling your belly in.
Listen to music
Putting on some of your favourite tunes that make you happy can help you de-stress – it can remind you of fun times or can act as a distraction to your worries, so put on some upbeat tunes (or songs you know every word to) to help you get rid of stressful thoughts.