Super Easy Pancake Recipe in Lifestyle
Pancake Tuesday is upon us again, so why not take some time to make your own delicious pancakes from scratch?
- 4oz/110g Plain Flour (this amounts to 4 heaped serving spoons)
- 1/2 pint / 280ml Milk
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of Sugar
- Vegetable Oil (for cooking)
1. Add a a few drops of vegetable oil to a frying pan and put it on a medium/high heat.
2. Sift the flour into a medium mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
3. Crack the egg into the well you made in the flour.
4. Add the milk.
5. Add a pinch of sugar.
6. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture has a smooth and creamy texture.
7. Put one ladle of the batter into the heated frying pan and tip the pan so that the mixture coats the pan and forms a circular shape.
8. The pancake should start to cook immediately. As it cooks the edges should start to lift. At this point use a spatula to gently loosen the edges and flip the pancake. Cook it on the other side until it is brown on both sides.
9. Put the finished pancake on a plate and repeat steps 7 & 8 until there is no batter left.
10. Enjoy with some of the great toppings we suggest below!
There are so many great toppings to have with your pancakes. Here are a few ideas:
- Chocolate or Hazelnut Spread
- Lemon & Sugar
- Golden/Maple Syrup
- Ice Cream
- And whatever else you fancy!