Smoked Haddock Fish Cake Recipe in Lifestyle
Impress your friends with this easy and delicious fishcake recipe!
Fish and seafood are not only super tasty but are very healthy, and contain important Omega Oils vital for your body's wellbeing.
Check out the tasty recipe -
Prep time: 160 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 400g Scottish potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 4 fillets of peat smoked haddock, poached and flaked
- 4 spring onions, finely cut
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper (0.05g)
- 1 egg
- A splash of semi-skimmed milk
- 200g plain flour
- 200g breadcrumbs - Panko (Japanese) if available
- Mix the mash, haddock and onions together. Season with a pinch of black then shape into small cakes about three inches in diameter and half an inch thick. Place into a refrigerator and allow to chill and set for 30 minutes.
- Take the fishcakes out of the fridge ready for coating. Whisk the egg and milk together, then roll the cake in the flour first, then the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat this with the egg and then the breadcrumbs to give you a double coating.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot colour the fish cake on both sides then place into a hot oven at 180°C/gas mark 4 for 4-5 minutes or until the cake is very hot in the centre. Serve with salad, wedge of lemon and tartar sauce.
Why is buying sustainable seafood important?
Enjoy your fishcakes even more by knowing your seafood is sustainable.
Sustainable seafood represents a healthy relationship with our oceans that can last forever. When we consume seafood, we leave a mark on the delicate ecosystem of the sea. It's important for our own well-being—and that of the oceans—that we understand the impacts of our choices.
How to check that your seafood is sustainable?
- Read the labels. It will have a sustainable seafood symbol if it has been fished responsibly
- Ask the fishmonger directly. Many fish providers are aware of how we are over-fishing our seas, so they will be happy to answer your questions
- Buy local. If you buy fish from your local area, it will reduce the carbon footprint of delivery
Get cooking and enjoy! Here is your Rewards code: WE3Q7P