Ditch the Takeaway: Homemade Burger Recipe in Lifestyle
Want to have complete control of what goes into your food? Why not try making your own beef burgers?
- 500g Scottish mince
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 burger buns
Serve with whatever you like in your burgers. Try lettuce, cheese, tomatoe, gerkins, ketchup, bbq sauce, mayonnaise.
1. Peel and chop your onion finely.
2. Into a bowl add your onion and mince. Crack in your egg. Mix together.
3. Divide the mixture into 4. Roll into 4 balls the size of tennis balls with your hands. Then flatten the balls into patties around 3cm flat. Try to make them the same width all over so they cook evenly.
4. Preheat a large griddle or frying pan for about 4 minutes on a high heat. Add the sunflower oil to coat the pan. Turn the heat down to medium. Place the burgers in the pan and use a spatula to lightly press down on them. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes on each side until brown.
5. Serve in a burger bun with the fillings of your choice.