Chocolatey Oats Recipe in Lifestyle
Chef, Loz Atkinson, has shared this recipe for some delicious chocolatey oats to get your day off to a great start! It takes around 10 minutes to prepare and serves 1. Plus, you can get 10% off all the ingredients at your local Scotmid.
- 1 cup of Scottish oats (you can also use gluten free oats)
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (soy, oat or almond milk)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ TBSP of cocoa powder or vegan chocolate spread
- 1 banana
- ½ TBSP of maple syrup or honey
- Combine the oats, milk, water and cocoa powder in a small saucepan and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. You can add more milk or water if oats become too thick. Transfer to a bowl.
- Slice the banana and arrange on top of oats. Add ½ TBSP of maple syrup to sweeten.
- Alternatively you can sub the cocoa powder for cinnamon powder. You can also be creative with healthy fruit toppings, fruit jams and nut butters.