Ditch the Takeaway: Homemade Chicken Pakora Recipe in Lifestyle
Indian food is extremely popular throughout Scotland, UK and the whole world. By following this recipe you can try out making some yourself!
Thanks to Mohamed Ramsan from the Omar Khayyam Restaurant who gave us the recipe for Chicken Pakora. Mohamed says:
"It is a traditional starter dish, but you can serve it as a main meal"
1 pound gram flour
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of red chilli powder
1 teaspoon of tumeric powder
1 teaspoon of garam masala
2 teaspoons of dry, whole coriander
Pinch of yellow colour
2 tablespoons of cold water
Oil for deep frying
To make the dish
- First prepare the batter for the chicken.
- Place the flour in a bowl than add all the above ingredients and mix well.
- Add water gradually and mix to a smooth batter.
- Boil the chicken well.
- Heat the oil in a Wok and dip the chicken.
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve with salad - lettuce, tomato - as garnish.
Half tea spoon of salt
¾ tea spoon of chilli
Half a spoon of mint sauce
It's always best to prepare the dip in advance.
Combine all the ingredients and chill. Serve over the chicken.