Climate Change and Global Warming in Community
There's now pretty much unanimous agreement in the scientific world that climate change is real, happening and caused by human activity. Ice caps are melting, which is bad news for polar bears! Find out what other young people are saying about it.
Let’s not wait. Let’s take action ourselves!
- Get involved with an organisation campaigning against climate change, like theUK Youth Climate Coalition, People and Planet or Young Friends of the Earth Scotland.
- Find out about the Junior Climate Challenge Fund. The Scottish government has £1 million to give to young people who want to set up their own planet friendly project. See their website for more ideas.
- Check out the Science museum's online Climate Science Info Zone where you can find out all about climate change through videos, flow charts and interactive games. Also have a look at the Oxfam and Friends of the Earth Scotlandwebsites to find out more.
- Take a look at the game Climate Change in Your Garden from The Woodland Trust, to find out how climate change is affecting Scotland's landscapes, animals and plants right on your doorstep!
- Find out more on how climate change is affecting Scotland on the Scottish Natural Heritage website.
Health & well-being Rewards treasure hunt: PZNTAM