Information on Cultural Diversity and what you can do to encourage yourself and other people to live "better together".
How can diversity be explained?
Recognising and valuing the fact that society is made up of many different groups with different interests, skills, talents, needs etc., e.g. cultural diversity.
Why does diversity matter?
A lot of the world’s major conflicts are increasingly associated with religious belonging. Bridging the gap between cultures is necessary for peace, stability and development.
What can YOU do to encourage yourself and other people to live "better together"?
1. Why not visit an art exhibition about other cultures or beliefs.
2. Watch a movie or read a book about another country or religion.
3. Invite a friend from a different country or religion round to share your traditions and learn about theirs.
4. Explore music of another culture or country.
5. Learn about traditional celebrations from other cultures for example Hanukkah or Ramadan or Qingming festival in China.
6. Visit a place of worship different than yours and participate in the celebration.
7. Speak with other people about prejudices and stereotypes and share your views of life.